Monday, March 28, 2011

ESPN America HD coming to Austria? UPC Digital?

Hi Luvbeers,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. ESPN America HD is currently available on many television platforms in Europe, including Canal Digital in the Nordic region (Sweden, Finland, Norway), Sky Deutschland in Germany and Austria, and others in the UK and France. ESPN are in commercial negotiations with a number of satellite, cable and ADSL platforms throughout Europe about launching in the months ahead, though we do not disclose the terms of any of our business deals publicly. Thank you for your note, and I hope you continue to enjoy the channel.

All the best,

RV

Richard Vivian
Sales Director Sports Distribution
ESPN (EMEA) Ltd

The Walt Disney Company
3 Queen Caroline Street, Hammersmith, London W6 9PE

--

From: Luvbeers@gmail.com
Sent: 17 March 2011 10:06
To: Vivian, Richard
Subject: ESPN America HD Distribution

Dear Mr. Vivian,
I am writing you in regards to ESPN America HD distribution. I am an American consumer currently living in Austria. I am aware that through Sky Satellite Germany I can acquire the HD feed in my building, however I have some offhand questions before I switch from my cable provider. Is the HD feed only available through satellite? I cannot find any cable operators in Europe right now offering the feed. Also does Sky Germany have exclusive rights to the HD feed that would prevent an operator such at UPC Austria from licensing it?

I am not sure if you are the correct person to contact, if so perhaps you can send me some else’s email?

Thank you with warm regards,

No comments:

Post a Comment